$80K — $100K *
Responsible for overall case management of patients and families in outpatient brain injury. Liaison between the inpatient and outpatient brain injury service working with the family, multidisciplinary team, physicians, schools and external agencies. Assists the scheduling department in coordinating initial multidiscipline outpatient evaluations. Discusses with the family the range of services available in the outpatient brain injury program. Completes social work intake, develop treatment template post team evaluations, assists with accessing resources such as transportation and academics and partners with internal departments such as foundation and Volunteer services for the acquisition of additional resources for patients, families and providers. Coordinates school related services including but not limited to classification process, attending IEP meetings, coordinating the delivery of educational instruction at the program site. Facilitates family meetings and monitors family's and brain injured patient's understanding and compliance with treatment and discharge goals and coordinates discharge plans with treatment team, patient, family and schools|community. Screens all referrals for neuropsychological assessment and reassessment including but not limited to obtaining all needed medical documentation, maintaining departmental spreadsheets, providing alternative referrals for patients ineligible for neuropsychological services. Assists with program marketing (e.g. website brochure).Collaborates with outpatient nursing staff to coordinate medication administration for intensive patients. Provides group and individual psychotherapy.
Essential Job Functions
Effectively engages individuals|families in helping relationships using acquired professional skills.
Demonstrates understanding of patient's medical diagnoses, prognosis, progress and implications for family support, education and discharge planning. Transmits clinical information accurately to third party payers and community agencies.
Engages in advocacy for patient, and fosters family's abilities to assume independent skills in seeking and obtaining supports and services for child.
Provides accurate assessment and sets realistic goals for psychotherapy.
Provides effective treatment.
Accurate and timely treatment documentation and billing.
Acts to enhance understanding CSH services and mission through development of relationships with community and government agencies, third party payors, service providers and referral sources.
Demonstrates understanding of health care system, managed care and resource utilization as well as policies and services available for patient population.
Effectively communicates financial and social needs| barriers|issues to the multidisciplinary team, physicians and external agencies.
Completes proper documentation in a timely manner. Provides necessary documentation to external agencies as needed.
Participates in projects for the department that are consistent with department and hospital goals and missions.
Additional responsibilities include cross coverage and coordination with PCC within CSH's organization.
Meets minimum annual expected volumes
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as an integral member of a trans-discipline team is required. Good planning and organizational skills. Excellent time management skills are essential for the position. Must be Spanish speaking.
* Certification in Social Work.
AHA BLS Provider Certification required
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Minimum of Masters Degree in Social Work with at least 3 years of pediatric experience.
Job Specific Contacts
* Ongoing interactions with patients and families. Ongoing and close contact with clinical staff to estimate timing of clinical interventions and transitions|discharges to alternate levels of care. Will interface with Pre-Admissions, Patient Access Services, , Medical Records. Ongoing contacts with schools, hospital referral sources and community agencies.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Must have a private HIPPAA compliant home office . A high degree of customer sensitivity is required. Excellent cognitive analytical and problem-solving skills essential. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Valid through: 5/1/2021
$80K — $100K
19 days ago