Our Mental Health Director provides clinical and administrative oversight for the Mental Health program and the Mental Health staff within the facility as well as consultation regarding the mental health program. Provides clinical supervision and direction to Mental Health Professionals. Provides mental health services consistent with expectations of professional training and experience (e.g. Psychologist).
- Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited college or university
- Experience in the coordination and administration of mental health service delivery systems
- Significant coursework and professional experience in the mental health field that indicates knowledge of management and supervision techniques, peer review, quality assurance, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders, and psychological evaluation techniques.
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State by the appropriate state licensing board
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Responsible to plan, manage, supervise, and coordinate the clinical services of mental health staff at the institutional level as directed by the Regional Mental Health Director or Corporate Director of Mental Health Services
- Responsible for the clinical supervision and direction, professional education, and staff development of mental health professionals at the facility
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Facility, and the standards of the American Psychological Association, as well as National Commission on Correctional Health Care and American Correctional Association accreditation standards if NCCHC and ACA standards are applicable to facility
- Responsible to perform direct clinical services at the level expected for a licensed doctoral level psychologist
- Responsible for oversight and direction of any training provided by mental health staff to other facility staff
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer