Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
Less than 5 years
Posted 64 days ago
Provides evaluation and treatment of patients with psychological, emotional or cognitive disorders.
• Assesses a patient's cognitive, emotional, and psychological status and provides appropriate interventions and treatments.
• Collaborates with treatment team members to formulate clinical intervention. Refers patientsto other disciplines for consult and evaluation as indicated.
• Provides psychological expertise and education to a multidisciplinary team of professionals. Acts as resource to other disciplines on patient problems related to various psychological or neuro-psychological disorders.
• Develops and provides education to both hospital staff and to the community. Providessupport and education to the patient's family. Supervises interns and students.
• Initiates and discharges Baker acts as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT – BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Uses a variety of tools and techniques to assess and diagnose the behavioral health patient.
• BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TREATMENT PLANNING: Develops individualized plans that define specific behavioral problems and therapeutic interventions with measurable goals.
• BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPY: Provides behavioral health therapy using various modalities.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care topatients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Psychologist License – FL
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 2 years experience in behavioral health.