California or New York Licensed Therapist - Telehealth Position
Couples Learn is a growing online private practice based in Los Angeles, CA providing online couples and individual therapy in the area of love and relationships. We provide online Zoom sessions to high functioning, well educated, professional clients. Our clientele consists of approximately 70% couples and 30% individuals (private pay - no insurance). We are expanding our team of highly trained therapists to help couples and individuals heal their relationships.
- Applications received without a cover letter or without completing the online questionnaire will not be considered. Seriously - we don’t even look at them.
Your Cover Letter Should Include:
- Your experience working with couples (when, where, estimate how many hours)
- Your advanced training specifically in love & relationships with the exact name of the training completed (e.g. EFT externship and Core Skills or Gottman L1 and L2)
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is an excellent Licensed Psychologist, LMFT, or LCSW who is passionate about love & relationships, experienced in working with couples and individuals with attachment wounding, and wants the flexibility and rewards of working from home in a private practice without the stress of startup, marketing, and administrative costs.
- You are well trained. You come from an accredited graduate program, are committed to continuing education and have excellent references.
- You are committed to your own personal growth and doing your inner work – inside and outside of this position.
- You’re confident. You’re not only confident in your worth as a human, but you’re also confident in your skillset as a couples therapist. Our high-functioning, professional clients are looking for guidance and leadership. You must embody the qualities our clients want to learn and project confidence without ego.
- You’re humble. You recognize that feedback is important for growth and you don’t take it personally. You take what serves you and leave what doesn’t fit. You recognize that everyone has something to teach you and you don’t have an ego or shame about asking for help or guidance.
- You’re an A-player and a team player. As an A-player, you show up excited to learn, serve, and grow every day because you are part of something in service to others. You take responsibility to get it done well, whether anyone is watching you or not. As a team-player, you are excited to work alongside other A-players on our team dedicated to the mission of helping individuals and couples thrive in relationships.
- You show integrity. You must have absolute integrity, honesty and transparency and be willing to protect both our Intellectual Property and our clients’ confidentiality. You follow-through by keeping your word and doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you will do it. If you need to break an agreement, you address it proactively and clean it up with us rather than hoping it will go unnoticed.
- You are organized. You have a system to keep yourself organized and accountable and do not require micro-managing or constant follow-up after a task has been delegated to you. You set deadlines for yourself with reminders to ensure they are met. You use a calendar and have systems that already work for you.
- You want to stay long-term. If you are trying to create an income while you build your own private practice or want to use this as a building block to creating your own practice, this is not a fit. We really want someone who desires to be a dedicated part of our growing company at least for the next several years.
- You can afford to build slowly. Building a full caseload in private practice takes time and you are paid by the client hour. Thus, someone who is financially able to support themselves as we build your caseload to 20+ clients per week over the course of 3-6 months is ideal.
- Complete free 30 min consultations for your prospective clients to sell them on you and determine the goodness of fit (these are not paid).
- Provide 50-minute and/or 80-minute therapy sessions via HIPAA compliant Zoom.
- Complete therapy notes within 24hrs of completing a session.
- Track your caseload through our tracking system.
- Manage your own schedule.
- Maintain a current license to practice in CA or NY.
- Maintain current malpractice insurance.
- Adhere to ethical standards required by our field.
- Be willing to create promotional videos and IG posts for the Couples Learn website and social media to help potential clients get to know you.
Professional & Technical Qualifications:
- California or New York Licensed Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA Accredited Program or Licensed MFT from a COAMFTE-accredited program or an LCSW from a CSWE accredited program.
- At least 1 year of experience working with couples.
- Has completed at least the 1st level of Gottman, Imago, EFT, PACT, or other mainstream training in the area of couples therapy. Must be willing to complete Level 2 of this training, at your own cost, within 6 months of starting.
- Comfortable with technology - Must be comfortable working on Zoom & Google Calendar. All scheduling is done online, all records are kept on an electronic medical records system, and all billing is done electronically so general comfort with technology is a must.
- Has or is willing to purchase updated technology (laptop from 2018 or later with a built-in webcam and high-quality headphones with a mic) to provide a seamless client experience. Working from a phone or tablet is not an option.
- Has a quiet, private place with a high-speed internet connection to work from with a nice looking, professional background.
- Wants to eventually see 20+ clients per week but is ok with building up to that over the course of 3-6 months.
- Is able to work 2 evenings until 8pm or 2 early mornings starting at 7am plus one weekend half day (4hrs) as part of your regular schedule. The weekend requirement is somewhat flexible if willing to add more evening hours during the week.
What We Provide:
- Flexibility: Set your own schedule with a requirement of 2 evenings until 8pm or 2 early mornings starting at 7am and 1 weekend half day per week. This schedule is negotiable after your caseload is full. You can work from anywhere with good WiFi and privacy.
- Job Satisfaction & Quality of Life: We provide you the opportunity to work with your ideal, high functioning and motivated clients without worrying how to market yourself and run a business so you can focus on the part of your work you love - helping others who really want to be helped. You get to do minimal admin work while making a comfortable income so you have time to enjoy your family, hobbies, travel - whatever brings quality and meaning to your life!
- Community: We are a small team and we value connection. We meet as a team every other week via video chat and sometimes even in person if you’re in the Los Angeles area.
- Steady client sourcing: We will take care of getting you clients and providing all the structure needed for a successful practice. You will have an average of 5 new client consults per week while we build your caseload (this is a rough estimate and varies depending on the time of year).
- Minimal Admin Work: Easy to use and efficient systems with automated online scheduling, billing, super billing, and video platform. All you need to do is see clients, write your notes and track your caseload.
- Innovation: You get to be part of an exciting, growing, cutting-edge and highly impactful private practice which will keep on expanding while maintaining the highest standards. We’ve been ahead of the curve for years - we were 100% online since 2014 and were really well set up when the pandemic hit. The only scrambling we are doing to adjust is finding good people to hire to keep up with client demand.