Description: Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members with a broad range of mental health. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual members treatment program. Provides consultation to psychiatrists, allied health professionals, and other specialty care providers on psychological and neuropsychological assessment.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to primary care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides clinical supervision to predoctoral psychology interns, postdoctoral psychology fellows, and other mental health trainees as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise Psychiatric Assistants and Psychiatric Interns.
**Multiple postings needed: Vacancy may be filled with a LCSW, Psychologist or LMFT.
- Minimum of two years professional experience under the direction of a licensed psychologist or board certified psychiatrist.
- PhD, PsyD, or EdD in clinical or counseling required from an accredited college or university. License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 657752