JOB ID: 3882
the Psychologist I will create, implement, and modify rehabilitation intervention plans for patients admitted to the Fairmount Rehabilitation Programs. The focus of interventions will be to improve adherence to treatment plans and cooperation/participation in all aspects of the daily rehabilitation program. As part of the inter-disciplinary rehabilitation team, the individual will consult with team members daily, be available to provide support during rehabilitation treatment sessions as needed, and summarize/aggregate data in verbal and/or written form in order to frequently update intervention plans. The Psychologist I will also deliver direct individual and/or group intervention services to children and families. Additional responsibilities include collaboration with program special educators to design or modify recommendations for transition planning, and coordination and provision of crisis management as needed within the program. The incumbent will comply with state regulations governing licensed psychologists in the state of Maryland. Principal responsibilities will be for ages preschool – adult. The incumbent will assist the rehabilitation team and Director of Fairmount Rehabilitation Programs in administrative and care management duties as assigned.
- Provide intervention services including psychological and cognitive rehabilitation services, behavioral management, individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and psychoeducation.
- Provide support to rehabilitation therapists and rehabilitation aides during treatment.
- Write clinical notes regarding intervention goals, progress, and recommendations. Keep suitable records of all patient services. Write letters of medical necessity and other requirements necessary to obtain insurance authorization for services.
- Facilitate and monitor implementation of program-wide interventions and supports, including the recording/summarizing of aggregate data.
- Participate in weekly steering, rounds, case conferences, and team meetings to discuss and evaluate the diagnoses and treatment/management of patients and formulate rehabilitation plans.
- Consult with special educators and schools regarding characteristics, needs, and recommendations and their impact on functional expectations. Participate in IEP meetings as needed.
- Respond to crises as part of crisis management procedures.
- Provide case management for patients, families, and interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain productivity, documentation and reporting standards.
- Assist the Department Director and Clinical Director in the development of clinical initiatives.
- Provide in-service and other training to school and other KKI staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate rehabilitation psychology services at STP with psychological services throughout the Rehabilitation Continuum of Care.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned by Director of Fairmount Rehabilitation Programs.
- Must possess and maintain licensure as a psychologist in the state of Maryland.
- Must obtain and maintain Credentialing as a Licensed Psychologist by the KKI Medical Staff, with the core privilege in psychological assessment and treatment
- Doctoral degree in Psychology from an APA/CPA-accredited college or university is required.
- Completion of APA/CPA-accredited pre-doctoral internship is required.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric psychology, health psychology, or rehabilitation psychology is preferred.
One year clinical experience (at least one year in a population of mentally and physically handicapped) which may be satisfied by full-time doctoral internship or postdoctoral training experiences.