Psychologist- Doctoral-Essentia Health Duluth (Miller Dwan)
Come and join our experienced rehabilitation team as a psychologist. This position provides psychology services to patients with general medical and neurological diagnoses which may include patients with acquired brain injury, CVA, SCI and multiple other disabilities.
As a member of the team you will be able to complete formal and informal assessments of cognitive functioning, provide individual and family counseling, and provide individualized treatment in cognitive retraining.
The psychologist provides services as part of an interdisciplinary care team under the direction and support of Essentia Health service line management and the supervision of a referring physician. Our experienced team of rehabilitation professionals includes Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Psychologists and Psychotherapists, Therapeutic Recreation Specialists, Rehabilitation Nurses, Social Workers, and Physicians who are board certified in the practice of rehabilitation medicine. This position will also be responsible to provide supervision to unlicensed psychology team members.
Miller-Dwan Rehabilitation Services is a 39 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and holds multiple CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accreditations demonstrating our commitment to clinical quality, service excellence and safety in rehabilitative care. We are the regions only CARF accredited brain injury specialty program.
- Day hours, no weekends or call
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Education and/or years experience required:
- A doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited university
- Current Minnesota and/or Wisconsin license.
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or ability to obtain certification within a six month period from start of employment.
- On the job training is provided and rehab psychology experience is not required.
- Duluth, MN – located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Duluth population: 86,000 with surrounding communities approx. 120,000+