Description: Under the supervision of a licensed Psychologist or board certified Psychiatrist, provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who present themselves for psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Under supervision, may collaborate with treating primary care providers and with psychiatric and allied health professional team members to plan and direct each individual patient's treatment program.
- Under the supervision of a licensed psychologist or board certified psychiatrist, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to other care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns, psychology postdoctoral residents, and other mental health trainees/fellows as necessary.
- Confers and consults with supervisor regarding member's progress and treatment and may consult with psychiatrist as well, if both are involved in member's care.
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to include referral of the member and/or member's family to external resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- Completion of a psychology doctoral internship - minimum of 1 year (1500 hours).
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health or School Psychology from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current valid registration as a Psychological Assistant with the Board of Psychology of the State of California and validate of an assigned board registered licensed supervisor by start date.
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain state licensure within two (2) years.
- Once hired as an Assistant, an employee will be offered and must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half the required supervisory hours annually.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults, children, adolescents, & families, including administering & writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries preferred
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans, preferred
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy, preferred
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Seeking child therapist with generalist experience to work in our new San Mateo location.Must have experience with individual and group treatment, crisis evaluation, and management of patients with severe and chronic psychiatric disorders. Spanish-speaking skills and experience with feedback-informed care are preferred. Our clinic values flexibility and good humor in backing up and collaborating with colleagues from multiple disciplines, a patient-centered work ethic, and the ability to maintain equanimity with colleagues and patients Must be able to multi-task, maintain strong focus on detail, keep requiredschedules (including some evening & on-call hours), take direction from supervisor, and follow work rules.