Psychiatry Positions – Summa Health – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board-certified/board eligible psychiatrists. The selected candidates will become members of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 300 physicians employed by the Summa Health System. You will be joining a well-established team of 40 clinicians that include psychiatrists, psychologists, advance practice nurses, licensed independent social workers and addiction medicine physicians. Summa also sponsors a psychiatry residency program and is a clerkship site for NEOMED students.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With five hospitals and 20 health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
Summa psychiatric opportunities include inpatient, outpatient, consultation liaison and telepsychiatry. Opportunities to teach and supervise residents and medical students are also available. Our interest is in matching candidate needs / talents with these varied treatment venues. In addition to inpatient (69 beds over 3 units including a dedicated geriatric psychiatry unit) and IOP programs Summa Health System’s Center for Behavioral Healthcare offers specialized programming including:
- Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center.
- Summa Health Ignatia Hall Addiction Medicine Intensive Outpatient Program.
- Behavioral health integration with service lines such as cardiology, bariatric surgery, oncology, sleep medicine and senior health in addition to primary care and internal medicine.
- Board Eligibility/Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University commensurate with experience
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education
- Research Initiatives through Summa Health System
- Collaborative efforts with local universities and Austin Bioinnovation Institute of Akron.