Description: These positions are responsible at one Medical Center and associated outpatient facilities for managing the coordination, planning, design, development, delivery and evaluation/ continuous improvement of out-and in-patient Psychiatry programs and services, including Behavioral Medicine; managing programs for psychiatric patients that add value and are integrated with Behavioral Health Care service priorities and performance standards, as well as with strategic organizational goals/objectives; providing clinical and administrative direction for licensed clinicians and ancillary staff.
- Through subordinate staff, manages the delivery of timely, appropriate, cost effective and high quality services/programs.
- Assures continuity of care and appropriate utilization of resources both within and outside of Behavioral Health Care.
- Assists Physicians in short and long-range planning of Psych and programs/services that meet identified needs of members and purchasers within competitive health care market.
- Integrates and coordinates psychiatry programs with other in-and out-patient departments, as well as with community resources.
- Achieves a continuum of care within Behavioral Health care Services.
- Maintains liaison with Psychiatryand CD departments at other medical centers, as well as with non Behavioral Health Care departments.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures to meet Behavioral Health Care and organizational operational, business and strategic goals/objectives.
- Ensures that the professional practice standards for group and/or individual therapuetic modelities and psychodiagnostic testing are maintained by clinicians.
- Evaluates the professional clinical practice of staff and provides professional staff with regular/appropriate training, direction and consultation.
- Develops systems and methodologies for continuous improvement of programs/ services.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services, group therapy designs, and clinical protocols.
- Conducts on-going program evaluation in concert with the Chief(s) of Service.
- Develops/maintains systems and processes for quality and outcomes management/ improvement and for identifying the need for revised and/or new clinical programs/ services.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and systems to ensure customer/ member/patient/purchaser satisfaction and member access within a competitive health care market.
- In concert with other personnel and physicians, responds to and resolves service, access and provider concerns/issues.
- Manages an effective human resources management system for staff including labor contract administration and performance evaluation of staff; hires, trains/orientates, coaches, disciplines and/or terminates.
- In concert with the Chief(s), maximizes and manages physical, fiscal and human resources and manages/reduces associated costs.
- Analyzes departmental volume/workload indicators and evaluates/improves utilization and productivity of staff.
- Assures that staff's patient care and work is within scope of practice/licensure/ certification and that delivery of all Behavioral Health Care programs/services conforms to regulatory requirements.
- Interprets law to ensure skill mix reflects highest quality of care at a cost-effective price.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in outpatient Psych or related clinical services/programs required, including two (2) years of experience in clinical program management/evaluation.
- Master's degree in professional discipline/area of practice(such as but not limited to clinical psychology, behavioral science, counseling, social work, mental health nursing clinical specialty) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and proof of valid State of California license (LCSW, LMFT, Clinical Psychologist, RN).
- Demonstrated knowledge of social service agency operations, state and federal legislation and regulatory requirements and professional practice standards pertaining to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
Job Number: 628879