About this role
Our Staff Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients. Provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary treatment team, and participates in performance improvement and other activities as directed by the Senior Psychiatrist.
*Sign On Bonus & Generous Compensation Package*Excellent Career Growth Opportunity
What you bring to the table
Education for Psychiatrist:
- An MD or DO degree from an accredited university.
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- At least one (1) year experience in clinical psychiatry preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Licensed in the state of practice.
- Board certified or eligible in psychiatry.
What you will do
- Completes an initial psychiatric assessment within 24 hours of admission. The psychiatrist’s initial assessment includes a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders secondary to psychotropic medications. The psychiatrist initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities.
- Will review psychotropic medications at a minimum of every 20 days during the first 60 days of admission.
- Will prescribe psychotropic medications per best practices for presenting symptoms. Indications for medications will be stated clearly in progress notes as well as in the orders. Applicable laboratory studies will be done prior to prescribing certain categories of psychotropic medications. Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education regarding medications and their mental illness to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness. Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of treatment including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient’s admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patient’s discharge.
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's medical record. Properly documents on patients chart as required applicable Joint Commission and other regulations. Ensures quality and legibility of his/her written orders and progress notes.