Steward Health Care seeks to add one BC/BE psychiatrist to The Medical Center of Southeast Texas due to a retiring physician. The new physician will cover inpatient and outpatient therapy units, and will receive special compensation for these duties. Because of the urgent nature of this position, we are willing to offer a very competitive salary with a sign-on bonus.
- Paid relocation package
- Excellent benefits: health and life insurance, disability insurance, malpractice insurance, 401k plan
- We pay for CME courses
- Willing to consider employment and income guarantee practice arrangements
- Opportunity for solo practice or group practice
- Offices available in medical office building at TMCSET or outlying clinics
- Call coverage to be 1:3 once all Psychiatry positions filled
- Currently there are no psychiatric mid-levels
- Inpatient unit runs a census between 6-20 patients (adult and geropsych patients)
- All electronic medical records
Steward Health Care, the largest private, for-profit hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 38 community hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta, that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety.
The company employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes more than 25 urgent care centers, 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,300 beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward's unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier.
With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations.
The Steward Health Care Network includes thousands of physicians who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and states across the U.S. including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.