We are looking for part-time and full-time Psychiatrist in this crucial role. You will direct, coordinate and provide medical/clinical services to our underserved and often critically ill members. You will provide clinical assessments, progress notes, annual psychiatric updates, family interventions and other diagnostic assessments to enhance the medical, psychological, social, and behavioral aspects of our members’ lives.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Doctorate of medicine or osteopathic medicine with a specialty in psychiatry with three (3) or more post-doctoral years’ experience in the delivery of mental health treatment of children/adolescents/adults.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona; eligible for Board certification; valid DEA certification.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with seriously mentally ill (SMI) adults
- Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Options certifications (offered through Southwest Network)
- Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and car insurance
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent member and family relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and working knowledge of psychiatric and co-occurring disorders is imperative.
- Requires effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and have critical thinking, time management and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to utilize multiple types of office equipment (i.e. phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Ability to type 25 to 40 WPM is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to utilize the internet and various web browsers
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts