Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 13 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- 80%: Provide direct patient care for mental health patients in out-patient clinic setting
- 20%: Provide direct psychiatric care to hospital patients including the Geriatric mental health unit, as well as on inpatient substance abuse and consults on medical/surgical units.
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 36 patient contact hours per week
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
Goals of Allina Health’s Hospital Based clinics:
- Be centers of excellence for the care of Allina patients with complex, medically co-morbid, psychiatric and psychological problems
- Perform comprehensive diagnostic evaluation, formulate a detailed management plan and stabilize the patient
- Offer rapid access for patients with acute needs with the goal of avoiding a hospital admission or long-stay in the ED
- Offer long-term care for patients at risk for destabilization or hospitalization, while referring others back to primary care
- Facilitate transitions of care
- Be a consultation resource for medical providers
MN License required MD or DO
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire