Family Practice and Counseling Network (FPCN) is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist to be part of our network providing integrated care and comprehensive services to the whole person. FPCN’s vision is that quality healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and all people are entitled to person-centered,accessible, comprehensive, quality and affordable health care. At FPCN, primary care, behavioral health,dental, and wellness services including mind-body practices, nutrition and fitnessare all under one roof.
The Psychiatrist position offers:
- a competitive salary
- Federal Tort Malpractice coverage
- Possibility of student loan reimbursement asFPCN is a NHSC approved site.
- No on-call responsibilities
- 30 minute medication checks
- a supportive and collegial setting within the OutpatientBehavioral Health department
- Collaborative meetings with the LCSWs,Licensed Psychologists, and LPCs co-treating your patients built into yourschedule
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations and completewritten reports for all clients referred.
- Provide medication monitoring as needed.
- Maintain monthly quota of billable visits.
- Complete progress notes, medication log andconsents for medication as needed to document all patient encounters.
- Complete other documents as needed clinically or tosatisfy regulatory bodies: e.g., mental status exams.
- Review psychosocial summaries, treatment plans,treatment plan updates, consultations, and terminations or transfers withsignature verifying review with therapist, as needed.
- Function as the Primary Collaborating Physician andSubstituting Collaborating Physician for Psychiatric CRNPs in Outpatient andIntegrated Behavioral Health Departments as needed/ agreed upon.
- Meet monthly with Psychiatric CRNPs at FPCN forwhom Psychiatrist is the Primary Collaborating Physician.
- Collaborate with other treating clinicians onquestions of diagnosis, intervention strategies and discharge.
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment teammeetings, consultations and case reviews.
- Provide consultation to other BH staff and PCstaff, as needed.
- Provide clinical backup in emergency situationson-site. Be available by phone off sitefor consultation re: psychiatric emergencies of psychiatrist’s patients only,if needed. Note that this will berequested only when clinical staff onsite are unable to resolve thesituation. Must provide regular scheduleand telephone numbers where he/she can be reached.
- Will adhere at all times to a professional code ofethics, and with the policies and proceduresmanuals of the FPCN and RHD.
- Clients’ rights and confidentiality will bestrictly observed.
- Complete CEUs and other requirements to maintainup-to-date license in good standing.
- Three to five years’ experience working with adults with mental health problems.
- Degree in medicine or osteopathy from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy in the United States of America.
- A completed psychiatry residency in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited residency program.
- Board Certified/Board eligible in Adult Psychiatry.
- Board-Eligible in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry preferred.
- Current and valid Pennsylvania medical license.
- Valid and current Drug Enforcement Administration(DEA) certification
- Ability to participate well in a team approach to treatment.
- Ability to be flexible in providing evaluation, treatment, and consultations.
- Proficiency in technological skills and ability to learn and use electronic health record.
- Able to utilize and follow all mental health requirements set forth by applicable state licensing bodies, and the credentialing requirements of insurance companies and other funding sources.
- Exhibits impeccable customer service and utilizes consummate professional communication at all times
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Cooperates fully with FPCN’s compliance program.
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.