Less than 5 years experience •
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 13 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Owatonna Hospital, located south of the Twin Cities, offers inpatient and outpatient orthopedic, general, urology, plastic, ENT and ophthalmologic surgical services; inpatient mental health; birthing center; emergency medicine; and rehabilitation services through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM. With 331 employees, 163 physicians and 43 staffed beds, Owatonna Hospital serves approximately 42,000 inpatients and outpatients annually. The hospital is connected to Mayo Clinic Health System Owatonna and Koda Living Community, an 80-bed long- and short-term care facility.
Opportunity for Adult psychiatrists to join a small team of psychiatrists- position is 50% in-patient, 50% at local community clinic. Consideration would also be given to candidates who want in-patient only. This position would have day hours except when on call, current call rotation is 1:4. This psychiatrist would work in a team environment with psychiatrists, nurses and social workers collaborating together. Physicians of various disciplines are available for consultation and hospitalists on site. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a brand new hospital in a wonderful community, to experience a location with many county resources, and work with a caring and experienced staff of RN's, social workers and therapists.
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- At least three years post-residency clinical experience desirable but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acknowledged leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Comfort presenting to large audiences and working in a professional team environment
- Management skills
- Skills related to quality assurance and improvement desirable
- Understanding of managed mental health care systems
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Minnesota
- Board certification in psychiatry