Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 13 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn., offers nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including heart and vascular care, cancer care, womens and childrens care, emergency medicine, mental health, support groups and education. In 2014, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nations 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 2,224 employees, 740 affiliated physicians and 271 beds, Mercy Hospital has more than 159,000 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
Unity Campus of Mercy Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn., serves the northern metropolitan communities, providing a full range of health care services, including The Bariatric (surgical weight loss) Center; Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, Women and Childrens Services, Emergency Services and Mental Health Services, including geriatric mental health and treatment addiction. Unity Hospital is dedicated to providing care to nearly 250,000 households in more than 26 neighboring communities, offering an array of health education and support groups to patients and the community. With 1,348 employees, 591 affiliated specialists and 220 staffed beds, Unity Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year.
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse patient population within the clinics
- Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 36 patient contact hours per week
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
- Provide direct patient care for mental health patients in out-patient clinic setting
Goals of Allina Health’s Hospital Based clinics:
- Be centers of excellence for the care of Allina patients with complex, medically co-morbid, psychiatric and psychological problems
- Perform comprehensive diagnostic evaluation, formulate a detailed management plan and stabilize the patient
- Offer rapid access for patients with acute needs with the goal of avoiding a hospital admission or long-stay in the ED
- Offer long-term care for patients at risk for destabilization or hospitalization, while referring others back to primary care
- Facilitate transitions of care
- Be a consultation resource for medical providers
MN License required MD or DO
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire