Are you a psychiatrist with a passion for really making a difference in your patients’ lives? And, someone who believes in the value of integrative neuropsychiatry, a fascination with brain-based technologies for psychiatric assessment and treatment, and enjoy working with children, adolescents, and adults? If so, you’re the kind of doctor we are looking for to join our outstanding medical staff at Amen Clinics.
This is an exciting and unique professional opportunity. In addition to having the use of master’s level (?) clinical historians, psychological testing, neuropsychological screening tools, functional brain imaging, and emerging treatments such as TMS and neurofeedback, you will be in a healthy and aesthetically pleasing work environment.
You will be mentored on a variety of integrative methods that will expand your professional repertoire. You will also have multiple opportunities for writing and speaking, if that appeals to you.
Joseph Annabili, MD is a psychiatrist for Amen Clinic and is quoted as saying, “We are advancing the field. Doctors, like me, who are interested in writing and speaking, have a marvelous platform here from which to do so. And, the income potential is very strong.”
· Assess and treat patients with a wide variety of behavioral health issues
· Patient evaluations: incorporate a comprehensive clinical history, psychological testing, neuropsychological screening, and brain SPECT imaging results into an integrative treatment plan and produce a final report (using EHR) during 2-hour new patient evaluations.
· Manage an appropriate ongoing patient case load (30-60 min follow-up visits).
· Remain current with emerging psychiatric, pharmaceutical, brain imaging, and nutraceutical knowledge.
· Attend Physician and Staff meetings.
· Outreach/collaboration with outside professionals in order to build good relationships with referral sources.
· Board Certified preferred
· Double Board Certified (A plus)
· Experience working in a group private practice setting; being efficient,; doing outstanding clinical work; establishing positive therapeutic relationships; and developing referral relationships.
· Willingness to learn to use brain imaging in clinical practice. We will train you on the applications of brain SPECT imaging in psychiatry and how to utilize this data in patient evaluations.
· In addition to evidence-based psychopharmacology, an openness to learning about and utilizing various complementary and alternative treatments, for complex and co-morbid psychiatric conditions.
· Dedication to helping individuals, families and systems (such as schools, businesses, and treatment facilities) reach their full potential by creating and developing “brain healthy” environments and practices.
· Effective time management, computer skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team are critical.
· Excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Empathy, emotional stability, good communications skills, and above all a passion for patient care.
Amen Clinics, Inc. is a drug-free work environment, where screening can be required by management. Psychiatrists must agree to a thorough background check.
What Psychiatry will become in the future, we do at the Amen Clinics today.