Seeking experience Psychiatrist to evaluate and diagnose patients for psychotropic medication and/or treatment recommendations. The Psychiatrist will also provides consultation for clinical staff.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties are subject to accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
· Interviews, assesses, diagnoses, prescribes and monitors psychotropic medication for referred patients
· Consults with professional staff individually, through team meetings and in-service training regarding patients who require psychiatric evaluation for psychotropic medication and/or other courses of treatment
· Provides individual professional staff consultation on specific patients regarding their medication and treatment recommendations
- Provides consultation and supervision to mid-level providers
- Provides medical care consistent with the scope of duties and responsibilities for which the Physician has been privileged by the Health Center Board of Directors
- Works as part of a team to ensure smooth functioning of the department and patient-centered care
- Supports and complies with established clinical and agency policies and procedures, including QI/QA and medical records, in accordance with Joint Commission and PCMH standards, and federal and state mandates, including FTCA regulations and scope of practice
- Supports data collection systems and reporting of statistical data necessary for grant or QI/QA purposes as needed
- Participates in provider, department, and performance improvement meetings and in-service trainings
- Participates in on call, expanded hours, and after- hours coverage and arranges for coverage during absence for vacation, professional education or other leave time.
- Maintains staff privileges for local hospitals to facilitate hospital admissions and ensure optimal care coordination
- Participates in such continuing professional educational activities as needed to maintain licensure
- Other related duties as assigned, including attached specific job duties or responsibilities.
- Experience in the area of community mental health.
- Experience in chemically dependency and co-occurring disorders.
- Experienceworking with adults and/or children and adolescents.
- Possess license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
- Eligible for and maintains admitting hospital privileges at local hospitals
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good judgment and decision–making skills.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited medical residency program. Doctorate Degree.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or is Board eligible.
- Position might require working some evenings and some Saturdays rotation
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish, a plus.
- Visa Candidate Considered