Inpatient facility, 60 beds, 16 patients. Candidate must be able to work with a competency program.
- Conducts admission and evaluation including a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders, and formulation of the patients' capacity to consent.
- Initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
- Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness.
- Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of hospitalization including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient's admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patients discharge.
- Must have a Medical Degree from an accredited university.
- At least 2 (two) years' experience in treating severely mentally ill patients highly preferred.
- Must be board certified or eligible in psychiatry.
- Must have and maintain a license in Massachusetts.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position, if working with specific patients.