Psychiatrist - Adult
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse patient population within the clinics
- Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions, in a specialty clinic setting
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 36 patient contact hours per week
- Champion a model of team-based care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire