Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health clinics are committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care. Allina Health clinics provide primary care, specialty care and urgent care services to people in 41 communities. More than 750 health care practitioners help patients identify health risks, manage chronic illness and find their path to better health.
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse patient population within the clinics
- Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions, in a primary care setting
- Provides care in Psychiatry Consult Team model, where the psychiatry team works in closepartnershipwith primary care:
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Treatment episodes for the Psychiatry Consult Team typically range from 3-5 visits per patient, with the goal of stabilizing patient and returning to primary care provider for ongoing management.
- Provides direct consultation with primary care providers via in-person rounding and eConsults through electronic medical record
- Works with and makes referrals to Mental Health Consultant (social worker) as part of team-based care to treat the whole person and address social-economic patient needs
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 25 patient contact hours per week
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of a psychiatry residency