Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PSC Contracts Specialist
Macfadden, a PAE Company, is seeking a PSC Contracts Specialist to support USAID's Office of Food for Peace. The PSC Contracts Specialist will be responsible for assisting OAA in the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, termination, close-out and post award administration of USAID/Office of Food For Peace (FFP) PSC contracts. The Contract Specialist will prepare contract files and required electronic documents. Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support the client's Contracting Officer decision-making. This position performs necessary research and prepares all documentation for the termination of contracts for convenience of the U.S. Government or default by the contractor.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to USPSC awards from maintaining files to responding in an informed and timely fashion to contractual questions and request for assistance. This includes demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to internal and external customer requests.
- Support USPSC solicitation, negotiation, award and contract administration activities.
- Draft all contract documents, including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions. Ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure assigned USPSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with U.S. Government and USAID standards.
- Monitor and track upcoming contractual actions and deadlines. Responsible for assuring that all information regarding the status of assigned procurement actions are in the Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS) databases and/or current systems as applicable for completion of work tasks and as per agency regulatory requirements.
- BA/BS with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MB with 6 years of relevant experience; or
- JD/ABD with 10 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than a BA/BS with 10 years of relevant experience.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in Government contracting, including demonstrated understanding of applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures governing contracting operations (e.g. FAR, AIDAR, DFARS, DOSAR). Skills:
Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and supervision skills; Reliable, highly organized, and motivated; Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining focus and balance priorities; Excellent attention to detail; Superior oral and written communication skills Superior computer skills (MS Office Suite in a network environment) including the ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position. Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement