- Manage any/all changes made for all provider schedules and services. Proactively identifies operational opportunities and problems related to the daily management of the Provider Scheduling System:
- Assume primary responsibility maintaining effective communication with all providers (physicians and nurse practitioners) regarding scheduling needs.
- Pro-actively collaborate with providers to create new and maintain current schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Work independently to process all correspondence with providers and/or administrative support.
- Work independently to recognize any conflicts within schedule and work with providers appropriately to problem solve.
- Work independently to ensure seamless communication and accuracy of all provider schedules.
- Regularly ensure that all internal scheduling systems are linked and accurately updated.
- Collaborate with Inpatient section chief and medical directors to maintain accuracy of provider and service scheduling.
- Develop and maintain a supportive relationship with other departments in order to promote teamwork, emphasize quality and extraordinary service and promote learning.
2. Manage all General Pediatrics Provider Tracking Systems (routinely monitor and accurately update as needed):
- Complete and process any/all vacation requests for providers and update tracking system(s) accordingly.
- Perform independent analysis of all tracking systems (X-Tend, IMS, Provider Scheduling Tool, EPIC and OR Manager etc.) and accurately update where needed to ensure all are in sync.
- Work independently to identify any variance between provider away time and annual compensation letters.
- Create and distribute available moonlighting to the appropriate provider lists.
3. Provide Administrative Support for the Inpatient Section Chief, which includes calendar management, meeting arrangements, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, and basic day to day needs.
- Calendar Management
- Meeting arrangements
- Travel arrangements
- Expense reimbursement
- All other needs
4. Provide Administrative Support services to the Division of General Pediatrics
- Performs routine clerical tasks: answer phones, open and distribute mail, prepare copies and faxes, etc.,
- Communicate with office staff to order, receives and distributes office supplies to assure there is an adequate inventory of necessary supplies.
- Maintains physician scheduling for various sections and coordinates with EPIC and provider scheduling systems.
- Provide back up for other staff in the Division of General Pediatrics
- Process Moonlighting for payment for General Pediatrics Residency Service, Integrated Care Service, Medical Hospitalist Team, Sedation Team, and House Physician Team.
- Maintain an excel database of moonlighting paid out of the MHT, Sedation, General Pediatrics, and Hospitalist Physician budget.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related healthcare access experiencerequired
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
- Customer service background in an academic medical setting preferred.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Must be technologically savvy with Microsoft Office applications and Electronic Health Records and scheduling systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be pro-active in following up on projects and tasks.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to use Dictaphone equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and protocol.'