Provider Compensation Program Director
Join the organization who is working towards making health care easier, so that life can be better!
Banner Health is currently seeking a Provider Compensation Program Director-Supervisor to join the Compensation Department.
This position designs and leads the administration of provider compensation programs that support the companys short and long-term goals and objectives. This includes playing a key role in setting the strategic direction for the provider compensation function ensuring the programs are competiveness and compliant with federal, state and local regulations. Consults with key stakeholders to support business entities regarding provider compensation plans and related policies, processes and procedures.
- Plays a key role in setting the strategic direction for the provider compensation function. Performs gap analysis, sets priorities, develops and implements appropriate project plans with system-wide impact. Develops or redesigns existing compensation plans. Conducts needs analysis and researches best practices. Reviews the competitive landscape and determines applicability of compensation and Human Resources (HR) related approaches to the company.
- Develops communication tools and resources for provider compensation programs. Educates company leaders, physicians and other providers on the availability, usage and management of applicable compensation plans.
- Manages the design and implementation of streamlined compensation processes to be user-friendly, efficient, and effective in achieving business objectives. Oversees audits of key functions to ensure data integrity; directs resolution of identified issues and monitors/measures to ensure that improvements are maintained.
- Manages and leads the work of others. This includes performing recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation efforts. Also includes the coordination and facilitation of work through other key stakeholders and partners.
- Oversees collection and analysis of market data, including monitoring of external information and making recommendations to respond accordingly. Recommends survey participation or purchase; manages survey budget. Leads other team members in the participation of salary surveys, as well as the evaluation of data to determine the organizations competitive position. This includes providing guidance and oversight to others monitoring and ensuring accuracy, quality and timeliness of these efforts.
- Serves as a consultative resource to the organization as it relates to provider compensation programs and practices. Collaborates withotherHR colleagues to ensure stewardship of the system approach.
- Partners withInformation Technology (IT), HR and other key stakeholders/partners to represent the needs of provider compensation including related processes and standards. Determines how available technology can be used to supportcompensation strategy and processes. Provides guidance and training to team members on use.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business, finance and/or human resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelors degree in business, human resources administration or related field.
This position requires proven success leading large-scale, complex compensation, finance or related projects and initiatives as typically demonstrated through seven years of progressively responsibleexperience. Proven experience leading and/or supervising others. Must have strong business case development and analytical skills. Must also demonstrate an executive presence, and possess strong project management and facilitation skills. Must have experience in cultural transformations and understanding how provider compensation plays a critical role in its success. Demonstrates financial and business savvy through strong business acumen. Requires understanding of key business metrics and drivers with the ability to design programs to these key drivers. Must have the ability to think strategically. Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must demonstrate excellence and proficiency in written and oral communications and have the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
Position requires proficiency in personal software applications, including word processing, generating spreadsheets, and creating graphics/presentations.
Proven experience working in a physician and/or healthcare delivery system with emphasis in value-based healthcare.
Additional related education and/or experiencepreferred.