The Provider Insights & Claims Analytics (PICA) team is a blend of technology, data, and consulting professionals leveraging the latest tools and methods to solve complex business problems. In this role the Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
How we Value You
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-beingResponsibilities
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Works directly with market and corporate executives and their teams, helping them leverage data and technology to maximize business impact
- Assesses business processes and recommends improvements
- Partners with business teams and analytics/technology professionals to identify data and technology related needs
- Creates repeatable, automated ETL packages
- Builds online interactive web apps and reports
- Writes queries to pull/summarize/analyze data from various data sets and platforms
- Analyzes data to derive insights
- Provides consultation to business teams related to processes, data, and technology
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years data analysis experience
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive business decisions
- Strong SQL knowledge, including writing complex, performant queries to pull data from multiple platforms such as SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Netezza, Oracle, or DB2
- Strong experience using BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
- Experience programming in languages such as C, C++, and Java
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Additional InformationOur Hiring Process
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data
- Experience creating and maintaining automated ETL processes in other tools/languages such as SnapLogic, Python, SSIS
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure data environment
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Expertise in Humana's claims data, and healthcare provider data
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
Ifyou have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m (satellite and/or wireless internet connections are NOT permitted for Work at Home roles) and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiringprocess.#ThriveTogether #WorkAtHomeScheduled Weekly Hours