- Job Number: 113021375
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 11-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Touch/Sensor Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch and Sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting best-in-class solutions! In this role, you will work with the sensing and imaging incubation engineers to realize prototype concepts that synthesize electrical, mechanical and software components.
- The ideal candidate will have many of the following qualifications:
- Mechanical fabrication skills including 3D printing, laser cutting, drilling, turning, milling, lathe, sanding, painting, applying adhesives, and fine-scale assembly
- Mechanical design skills including 3D CAD (NX preferred), and CNC (Good to have) Electrical fabrication skills including SMT and through hole soldering, PCB layout, harness and flex assembly
- Ability to balance speed and quality of work based on objectives Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A passion for doing the best possible work
As a technician and model maker, your responsibilities will include: • Modification, fabrication and assembly of prototypes • Administration of tools and equipments for group use • Educate users proper use of the tools • Perform operational test, data collection, data analysis, and fault isolation on systems and equipment. • Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions • Procurement and stocking of materials • Assists in the design, construction, test and use of test equipment • Facilities organization
A two year technical degree or bachelors degree in a technical field and 5+ years of experience assembling, debugging and working with prototyping teams.