Prototype Developer - Contractor
San Francisco, CA
Twitter's Brand Strategy Innovation team is responsible for innovating how we generate, represent, and deliver new solutions and user experiences for Twitter's most valuable advertisers. We studying how people interact with Twitter, the overall digital landscape, and in their day-to-day lives in order to design experiences that get them talking.
Our broader Brand Strategy team's collective mission is to create human-centric ideas worth talking about -a goal the Innovation segment of the team shares and embraces. It's ambitious to create work so good people proactively want to talk about it, but it's inherent to our DNA.
The Prototype Developer on this team will help build lightweight, MVP versions of new experiences that haven't been created before on, or with, Twitter. This role will collaborate with our designers and creative technologists, among others, to build experience prototypes as the fastest way to learn how users and brands would react to a new user experience.
Because the team focuses on a wide range of project types, broad curiosity and problem-solving skills are critical to success.
This role will be based San Francisco. Responsibilities
- Define pragmatic architectures and solutions for creative Twitter experiences, which appeal to both users and advertisers
- Develop prototypes of end user experiences using client side and server side web technologies, Twitter APIs, 3rd party APIs and occasionally native app development languages
- Identify and define user experiences worth prototyping and recommend tools and methodologies for evaluating their value
- Provide accurate work-time estimates for developing prototypes
- Investigate and navigate internal data sources to surface reporting and insights, subsequently informing prototype prioritization and results
- Produce and maintain core project artifacts including technical documentation
- Develop a scalable prototype technology strategy and architecture recommendations for partner engagements; architect and lead testing, issue resolution, and partner UAT
- Serve as the primary technical contact for third-party vendors, identifying and documenting integration points
- Define and document best practices, and contribute to company knowledge-sharing efforts
- Experience working with at least one relevant back end technology (Java, Python, Scala)
- Proven record of delivering stable MVPs that enable fast learning and iteration
- Passion for web and emerging technology and software development, current with industry trends and their application
- Ability to spot opportunities in product roadmap and digital technology trends that can translate into prototyping applications
- Hands-on experience working across multiple technologies (client/server-side languages, big data, mobile, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- Strong grasp of architectural principles necessary for designing stable and scalable prototypes
- Experience in working with APIs and webhooks and a strong understanding of their implementation
- Experience working with Twitter's APIs
- Experience developing using some of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, Scalding, Swift/Objective-C/C++/C
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
- Knowledge about Twitter platform, functionality and ad products
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.San Francisco Applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Hiring Process Step 1
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.Step 2
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.Step 3
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.