As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker Daltonics has an opening for an Application Scientist located in the Mid-Atlantic area, NJ, MD, or PA.
The successful candidate will provide on-site applications support for proteomics and biopharma LC-MS customers to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction. This includes support for the complete integration of the LC and MS systems, and training to ensure that the customer can successfully utilize the system for the desired application.
- Following the initial installation of a new LC-MS system, provide on-site training, and demonstrate the complete solution for the customer’s application(s). Pro-actively follow up with customers to ensure customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and software tools. Communicate regularly with the factory and regional applications team to obtain timely information on new products, software and applications.
- Provide the necessary technical information during customer training courses to give the best possible customer support.
- Liaise with the Service Team for customer support issues, ensuring the completion of customer application-related inquiries and escalations as needed.
- Support the commercial Sales Team with advanced technical information and presentations on-site or via Webex to support sales cases.
- Regular travel to the Billerica, MA and San Jose, CA applications labs for training updates and to support pre-sales applications work, when available.
- Assist in the preparation of new LC-MS training materials and collateral.
- Utilize phone & WebEx to provide remote technical assistance for questions relating to the LC-MS connectivity and to provide support regarding specific methods and workflows.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years experience and a Master’s degree; or 3 years experience and a PhD
- Mass spectrometry, HPLC, proteomics and/or small molecule analysis experience
- Degree in chemistry/biochemistry or life/analytical science
- Experience with all Bruker software products highly desirable
- Experience with MS Office
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with customers and in-house staff, with varying levels of knowledge and technical expertise
- Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- Self-motivation, and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- Willingness to travel, as frequent travel is required