Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is looking for a highly-motivated scientist/senior scientist to join the Merrimack’s Protein Engineering Team. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in an interdisciplinary environment and is not afraid of challenges. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, self-motivated, open to change and brings an innovative mindset. The individual will be contributing to multiple aspects of protein therapeutic drug development from conception and discovery to lead optimization.
- Expression, purification, and characterization of protein reagents and therapeutics including antibodies.
- Optimization of leads by humanization and affinity maturation
- Antibody library construction and screening
- Generation of murine proof of concept molecules
- Interact/collaborate on a daily basis with a team of interdisciplinary scientists (in vitro and in vivo biologists, formulation scientists, and computational modellers) within Merrimack and with external collaborators.
- Engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion regarding preclinical activities such in vivo efficacy studies, mechanism of action studies, biomarker development and disease indication.
- Effective communication of data results and conclusions, both written and in oral presentations.
- Staying abreast of relevant scientific methodologies and literature
- Ph.D. and/or post-doctoral fellowship in protein biochemistry or related discipline
- Extensive experience in mammalian protein expression, protein purification, and biochemical/biophysical characterization is required
- Familiar with kinetic characterization of proteins using BLI or SPR
- Experience in antibody phage or yeast display is required
- Experience in antibody humanization and affinity maturation is a plus
- Good understanding of structure function studies with basic knowledge of protein visualization software such as but not limited to Pymol, Chimera and SwissPDB viewer
- Demonstrated interest in innovative therapeutic design and advancing protein engineering
- Excellent work ethic, communication and teamwork skills, and desire to work on complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for outthinking cancer.