Responsible for supervising the installation, operation and maintenance of relay and protective equipment for all distribution and transmission stations. Responsible for the field activities to ensure compliance with NERC Reliability Standards. Also responsible to direct efforts during outages to return facilities to service and provide construction management and internal labor resources for transmission and distribution station capital projects.
- Leads, facilitates and coordinates the work activities of others within the work group.
- Supervise the review of relay and control schemes for proper application to ensure proper operation and protection of all equipment
- Supervise the preparation of schedules and work for relay recalibration, testing and maintenance of protective relays, controls, RTU, DAS, DMS and fault recorders.
- Supervise the installation of switchboards, control houses and protective and control schemes required for temporary use in stations during construction and/or maintenance.
- Supervise the analysis of interruption reports and oscillograms to advise customers in regards to relay scheme problems. Supervise the maintenance of records of relay testing, relay settings, calibration, BCT ratios and other pertinent information on all stations ensuring compliance with all NERC, FERC, and local regulatory requirements.
- Supervise the development of project cost and man-hour estimates for protection and control construction projects. Authorize protection and control transmission construction work by contract forces, including verification of work performed.
- Assist with and advise on restoration efforts during equipment failures or storms to return facilities to service.
- Consult with and provide input to the Technical Service support group for the development and scheduling of annual maintenance work plan. Supervisor is responsible for completion of P&C work plan.
- Support and hold employees and contractors accountable for the AEP System Safety Process, ensuring a safe working environment focused on Zero Harm.
Bachelordegree from an ABET accredited institution in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology or related discipline and typically requires 6 years of related work experience in protection and control related activities; or an associatedegree in electrical engineering technology or related degree and a minimum of 10 years of work experience in protection and control related activities.
- Strong teamwork skills which includes collaboration.
- Leads, facilitates and coordinates the work activities of others within the work group
- Demonstrates high level of technical expertise
- Good computer and communication skills are required.
- Major enabling competencies for this position are: Adaptability/Flexibility, Teamwork/Collaboration, Communication, and Planning and Organizing.