Our patients are our focus and are the heart of everything we do. As a Hanger Prosthetist and/or Orthotist, you will leverage exceptional training and an extensive collaborative clinical community nearly 1500 providers strong to provide or supervise the delivery of comprehensive prosthetic and orthotic care. You will assess patients, formulate treatment plans, implement those plans, follow-up with your patients and participate in practice management. If you have not yet achieved certification, you will provide care under the direction of one of our certified clinicians.
You will enjoy combining your unique blend of clinical and technical skills to evaluate patients, custom design, fabricate and fit prostheses and/or orthoses to deliver exceptional outcomes for the patients you serve. You will collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team and innovate utilizing the latest technology as we all strive to empower human potential together.
Depending on the operational requirements, size of the Hanger Clinic and subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law, your role may include some or all of the functions listed below.
- Collaborate with physicians in the evaluation and analysis of a patient’s need for prosthetic and/or orthotic services; recommend treatment options to physicians when necessary.
- Examine and evaluate patient needs in relation to disease and functional loss.
- Formulate design of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Select materials, make cast measurements, model modifications, and layouts, taking into account new techniques and materials.
- Perform fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
- Evaluate prosthetic and/or orthotic device on patient, adjust to assure fit, function, medical efficacy, and quality of work.
- Instruct patient in use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided.
- Provide follow-up with patients and physicians.
- Provide in-service training to physicians and allied health care professionals.
- Utilize effective materials management, quality and performance processes to maximize device quality and medical efficacy, maintaining a proper balance with costs and operational/financial performance.
- Meet with physicians, case managers and other referral sources to review prosthetic and/or orthotic services and capabilities; develop and enhance business relationships to identify and secure ongoing and future sources or referrals.
- Plan and implement strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets in coordination with management.
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
- May mentor residents or newly certified clinicians.
- Provide assistance to other clinical staff.
- Provide information to administrative staff to conduct reimbursement activities.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with bloodborne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- May be asked to perform on-call, hospital calls, or float between more than one Hanger Clinic location.
- Current board certification in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics from the American Board for Certification (ABC) or the Board of Certification (BOC), or
- A baccalaureate degree in prosthetics and/or orthotics, or the foreign equivalent, and current ABC Board-Eligibility in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
- In states where licensure is required, the ability to obtain and maintain state licensure may be required as well.
- May be willing to consider candidates who are certified in one discipline who wish see patients in their certified discipline while simultaneously completing residency in the other discipline.
- May be willing to consider candidates who are not certified or board-eligible but have at least 5 years of demonstrated past experience in providing prosthetic and/or orthotic services under the supervision of a certified clinician.