We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences. Propulsion Systems Engineer (Certification):
The Bell Civil Certification/ODA team is seeking an experienced Propulsion Systems Engineer and ODA Unit Member. The ODA Propulsion Unit Member is responsible for evaluating propulsion system installations and performance required to meet regulatory compliance requirements of 14 CFR Parts 27 and 29. This position may be located at Bell's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX or the Bell Flight Research Center in Arlington, TX. Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Education Requirements:
- Engine installation and integration regulatory compliance
- Engine inlet and exhaust designs and analysis compliance review across the required flight conditions
- Bleed air and low pressure pneumatic system performance analysis compliance review
- Avionics cooling and oil cooling analysis compliance review
- Work closely with IPTs to review evolving designs and provide compliance input into design configuration decisions
- Perform review of system level and aircraft level analysis to validate performance requirements.
- Support of engine and propulsion system flight test activities with real-time TM monitoring
- Review and approve propulsion test plans and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. Master's Degree is preferred. Major in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 8 years' experience specific to propulsion systems installation and integration
- Experience with the FAA, CFRs, and Civil Certification are required
- Desired: Current ODA Unit Member/FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships as horizontal integrations across the other teams, with customers, suppliers, and the regulatory authorities
- Experience with real-time TM monitoring
- Experience with Installed Turbine Engine performance predictions using Thermodynamic Cycle Decks; desired: familiarity with NPSS
- Experience with engine inlet and exhaust designs and support analysis
- Desired: familiarity with CFD analyses on turbo-machinery using FLUENT, or equivalent
- Desired: familiarity with thermal analysis using SINDA, or equivalent
- Desired: familiarity with system level analysis using AMESIM, or equivalent
- Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate and lead activities, prioritize tasks, and report status
- Familiarity with aerospace design and verification processes to include; requirements development and verification, preliminary and detailed design, MRP, Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement and Maintenance processes is preferred
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Must have the ability to work effectively within a team
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.