Description: Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity as a Propulsion Subject Matter Expert located in Arlington, VA to provide Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the Tactical Technology Office (TTO) at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
The qualifying candidate will be part of a team that supports the development of an advanced technology program at DARPA. This individual will provide a range of support, within their area of expertise and experience, to the Government Program Manager in developing and implementing an ongoing Science and Technology (S&T) program.
The Propulsion SME will be responsible for technical support in reviewing, evaluating, assessing and formulating recommendations on systems and sub-systems in areas related to propulsion.
•Working closely with the Government team throughout the life cycle of the program, including coordinating with the upper management of all stakeholders
•Performing independent reviews and detailed technical assessments of propulsion system designs
•Supporting detailed technical assessments of specific task elements with regard to progress, technical risk, and potential program impact of failure
•Providing reviews and assessments, systems analyses of applicable technologies and operational concepts, system requirements, technical and performance analyses, test plans, executions, results, and related documentation.
•Reviewing acquisition related documents
•Participating in development and engineering design reviews
•Participating in readiness reviews
•Participating in the management of verification efforts for key performance objectives
•Participating in ground testing, flight tests, or simulations
•Participating in post-test analysis activities and review and analysis of test data
•Preparing briefs and meeting minutes
•Reviewing and provide recommendations for CDRLs and other documents
•Responding to official requests for information and other tasks from Government clients and stakeholders
•Advising Government clients on incoming technical proposals and white papers
•Discussing new ideas for Government programs with researchers
•Tracking the progress of contracted researchers on their Government programs, including independent testing, and eventual technology transition to end users
•Participating in key intra- and interagency meetings
• Position requires a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience, with at least 3 years in subject matter expert or engineering leadership positions
• A demonstrated record of technical achievement in the development of propulsion systems for air or space applications, including hands-on design, code, build or test experience
• Experience with systems flying in transonic and hypersonic flight regimes
• Demonstrated experience on multidisciplinary teams on large, complex, multi-phase programs
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, interact with performer and customer senior-level management
• Working knowledge of the Department of Defense research and development and acquisition processes
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in a related field, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or a related field