Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
- The ideal candidate is expected to research, develop, analyze, design, and test company products using engineering thermodynamic and scientific principles.
- Candidate will be required to translate engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through product life cycle.
- The successful candidate will be proficient in analyzing and verifying product design and performance.
- They will apply thermodynamic analysis techniques and methods for air vehicle system design and optimization.
- Ability to model, analyze, test, develop, apply, and communicate analyses is a must.
- BS and MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience as a Propulsion engineer conducting thermal analysis.
- In-depth experience applying physics and the laws of thermodynamics to advanced materials for subsonic and supersonic air vehicles. Experience should include transient thermal analysis as well as steady state analysis.
- Must have the ability to create in Thermal Desktop 3D models of airplane structures and systems such as fuselage, wing, nacelle, and pylon.
- Must have the ability to conduct Thermal analysis using SINDA/Thermal Desktop.
- Must be familiar with gas dynamics equations and principles, gas turbines engine operation, and CFD analysis.
- Candidate should be able to conduct ventilation, pressure relief, and pressure drop analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previously demonstrated strong technical knowledge, analytical skills, and organization skills.
- Be a self-starter and have demonstrated high levels of resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation
- PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineerig or Aerospace Engineering.
- Desired to have proficiency in the use of CATIA and Patran/Nastran.
- Desired to have the ability to perform CFD and Icing analysis.
- Desired to have advanced knowledge of CFD, Aerodynamics, and Icing analysis.
- Desired to have knowledge of SLD and LEWICE.