The Studio Proprietor is responsible for the management of all activities within the Studio. Our Studios serve as both a retail environment and as community centers for design, inviting constant interaction between the customer, our furniture and our team. DWR Proprietors work strategically to maximize their Studio revenue and efficiently manage all aspects of sales and merchandising. Proprietors grow their people-management abilities every day as they handle hiring, sales coaching, team development and employee relations in partnership with Human Resources and area and regional leadership.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to lead teams, reach goals, build relationships and own your Studio’s business every day as you:
- Develop, lead and motivate team through consistent coaching, feedback and training.
- Manage the full life cycle of talent acquisition and management for Account Executives and Studio Leads including promoting open Studio positions on LinkedIn and other candidate facing social channels.
- Drive sales and service through team management, including goal setting, coaching, training, accountability and recognition.
- Manage performance issues of sales team members.
- Ensure the Studio represents the best in design by utilizing visual directives, presentation and general housekeeping standards.
- Lead team on weekly trade and home visits.
- Lead team in creating floorplans, design presentations and product trainings.
- Ensure all Studio procedures are followed in order to maximize profit and manage expense control goals (e.g., scheduling and managing studio shipments, controllable expenses and supplies).
- Resolve employee relations issues of sales team members in partnership with HR.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Build positive working relationships with Studio team, Area Manager and Regional VP in order to share business insights and best practices and develop strategies to grow the business.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Background in interior design or architecture.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of retail management experience, a proven track record of successful leadership and an in-depth knowledge of the retail industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills, with strong emphasis on listening; demonstrated people management skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Demonstrated design skills and a passion for the design profession.
- Ability to adhere to high personal performance standards; integrity, business ethics and the desire and ability to continuously learn.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with direct reports, peers and Studio clientele.
- Financial literacy, business acumen and ability to manage budgetary responsibilities.
- Experience with a POS system and proficiency with MS Office software, Gmail, web navigation and 3-D rendering programs.
- Able to routinely move objects weighing more than 20 pounds and to understand safety requirements.