SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential functions listed below are representative of the functions that must be performed in order to satisfactorily fulfill the purpose of this job. Additional functions and duties may be assumed or assigned from time to time.
- Participate in proposal meetings which orient the team to the opportunity, approach, plans, and logistics associated with producing a winning proposal.
- Instruct proposal team members on assignments, schedules, objectives, guidelines, rules, and expectations for their sections of the proposal that require input.
- Engage in problem-solving where necessary to address particular issues with work products, schedules, technical solution, and so on. Track and monitor progress on issue resolution. Escalate issues through the proper channels where appropriate to do so.
- Monitor procuring agency or entity communications channels (web, etc.) for changes to the procurement requirements or schedule. Analyze changes; work with management to determine the appropriate course of action;
- Manage proposal design, formatting, graphics development, production, assembly, and QA processes as included within the defined scope of work. Ensure a cohesive look-and-feel for proposal work products that complies with RFP requirements and client marketing and style rules and guidelines.
- Often serve as volume lead and support writing of technical, management, past performance, and resume sections of response.
- Demonstrate proposal compliance with customer requirements.
- Creates and maintains a proposal library in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Develops customizable boilerplate content to make the proposal process as seamless as possible.
- Responsible for final production, packaging, and delivery of proposals.
- Partner with product management, marketing and sales to distill key value propositions, functionality, and benefits into product messages that would resonate with our target customers and partners.
- Assist sales with white papers and presentations for potential customers.
- Develop and implement process improvements to help improvement proposal quality.
- Assist with updating and making improvements to the internal Revenue Operations and Proposal Management SharePoint sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES [education, certification, experience, general skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this job.
- 10+ years of experience in technical proposal writing and editing preferably for government and commercial proposals.
- Must have prior experience in developing proposals – writing and editing proposal content, creating compliance matrices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Journalism, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable ability to grasp technical concepts and translate to compelling sales proposals.
- Demonstrable mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified, and persuasive documents.
- Attention-to-detail with the ability to review and edit proposal content for compliance, clarity, and proper use of terminology.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have Advanced Microsoft Word skills and have extensive experience with all other Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint), as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Experience with graphics software; Adobe Photoshop and experience with SharePoint is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with numerous high priority demands in an intense, deadline-driven environment is a must.
- Adjust to shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in industry-wide best practices in proposal management.
- Training in formal capture/proposal methodologies (e.g., Shipley) preferred.
- Marketing experience in the technology industry is a definite plus.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS [Travel %, language, etc.]
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job. Authentix is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the ADA Amendments of 2008 and all applicable state and local laws concerning disability accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with known physical or mental disabilities if such accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the company, and would enable the individual to apply for, or perform, the essential functions of the position in question.