The Proposal & Pursuit Manager is responsible for the development and execution of proposal & pursuit process, strategy, templates, content creation and related deliverables for the firm across geographies and industries. This role will report to the CMO and will work with the marketing team and practice partners and professionals to integrate and train on consistent processes, strategies, and messaging for all proposal and pursuit deliverables. Other responsibilities and support functions as needed.
- Develop, implement, and manage all processes, and template initiatives as well as ongoing reviews of each across the firm-wide proposal and pursuit development group
- Draft pursuit presentations, proposals, and other related deliverables as required
- Develop and lead all firm-wide proposal and pursuit training which includes the onboarding of new staff as well as ongoing training of existing staff involved in proposal and pursuit development
- Oversee the ongoing QC process of firm-wide proposal and pursuit development
Develop and implement process improvement initiatives that result in the development of proposals and pursuits of the highest accuracy and effectiveness across all industries
- Develop proposal / pursuit strategies in the kick-off stage
- Participate in opportunity vetting discussions with partners
- Manage the RFP response/proposal development process, including:
- Assessing requirements and monitor RFP compliance
- Acquiring content from Subject Matter Experts and Team Members
- Formulating Clear and Effective responses
- Complying with all solicitation requirements
- Setting expectations for delivery and developing a project schedule
- Run opportunity and analysis reports
- Prioritize projects based on size, complexity, turnaround time, viability and overall value to the firm
- Develop customized presentation content to support the finalist stage, including:
o Defining meeting framework
o Mapping content to key messages
o Managing layout and design
- Developed and maintain a library of custom content for proposals and pursuits
- Develop a strategy and framework for how to monitor market trends, competitors, and other forces that could impact firm’s current and future business
- Implement a process to perform debriefs on all major proposal pursuits
- Document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to proposal and presentation techniques, strategy, and actions
- Ensure efficient use of proposal and pursuit resources
- Foster an environment of continual improvement, recognition, and mentorship
- Develop processes and tools to improve the quality and accuracy of proposals and pursuits for new business
- Recognize, exemplify, and adhere to Firm values
- Must have 5-7 Years of experience preferably in the Professional Services Industry.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Writing, English or any Liberal Arts Major.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be a team player and also, be able to act independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Have an understanding of Qvidian proposal software and GovWin/Deltek software preferred but not required
- MS Dynamics experience a plus
- MS office