As the Proposal Manager, you will oversee complex services, training, IT, construction and, facility and base services proposals, and task order proposals. This role will be responsible for moderate to complex documentation tasks and projects with a management focus and will work with subject-matter experts to gather technical information, design and manage proposals (technical, past performance and cost volumes). In collaboration with the capture manager, operational managers, and cross functional teams, you will develop proposals and recommend overall approaches for proposal framework to customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all phases of the proposal process from inception to award to selected efforts
- Interpret the RFP to provide consistent guidance to proposal team members
- Determine the appearance and layout of each proposal
- Develop outlines and timelines for proposal efforts based on coordination with Business Development
- Determine writing, editing, cost estimating, and graphics development deadlines, and prepare schedules outlining authors and timelines
- Coordinate and track all proposal team writing, editing, cost development, and graphics development, to include assigning writing tasks to subject matter experts and follow-up on action items
- Correspond with government contracting officers and submit all official documentation for proposals
- Ensure development and distribution of templates for writers
- Conduct final edit by reviewing and editing documentation for grammar, accuracy, organization, and spelling
- Works with the cost proposal manager to incorporate the staffing plan and pricing elements into the technical proposal
- Work with SMEs in obtaining technical approach and other specific supporting data for responding to RFP sections
- Implement the selected knowledge base system to include past performance, resumes, and prior proposal archives
- Update past performance database through regular contact with site operations
- Manage consultant support
Non- Essential Duties:
- Write specific sections of the proposal as necessary, to include, the executive summary
- Assist in developing and then implementing proposal management processes and procedures that are congruent with the Capture and Pricing/Cost processes
- Request debriefs as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- 8+ years experience working in a Business Development Department.
- Be hands-on and thoroughly familiar with full life cycle federal and commercial proposal processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with technical areas of base operations, housing and facility maintenance, construction, telecommunications, information technology, facility support services, training, medical staffing, construction management and administration services
- Experience with implementing proposal development knowledge base systems
- Microsoft Project is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with FARs requirements
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing or speaking, so others will understand.
- Portfolio of sample material maybe requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office setting. The employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when on field assignments. The noise level in the workenvironment is usually moderate.