Description: A Proposal Manager job in Arlington, VA is currently available at Belcan Government Services. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor’s degree & a minimum of five years of professional experience. You will be responsible for all aspects of proposal development efforts. This will include directing and coordinating the activities of Proposal Volume Leaders and numerous technical authors and consultants to produce high-quality winning proposals. You are responsible for working closely with the Capture Manager and/or Business Development Manager to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials. You will be responsible for leading/mentoring less experienced proposal staff and proposal writers. You will contribute to proposal development writing efforts, when required. You will work with Business Area personnel, proposal coordinators, and consultants, as well as Teammates to create compelling documents. In addition, You will interface with a range of matrixed resources and temporary help to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts.
• Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
• Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal.
• Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document structure.
• Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes. Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proofreading and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints
• Coordinate and/or lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Strategy Meetings, Pink, Red, and Gold Color Team reviews, etc.
• Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
• Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
• Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
• Develop and manage to a proposal schedule.
• Meet established deliverables and production deadlines (working with Proposal Coordinator if assigned).
• Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
• Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
• Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
• Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance.
• Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or similar instructions/requirements.
• Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
• Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
• Candidate must have proven proposal leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development.
• Candidate must have experience in keeping a team focused and moving toward developing a compliant, compelling, competitive - winning document.
• US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years relevant professional experience in Proposal Manager role.
• 10 years of experience of winning proposal efforts valued at $20M or more.
• High School Diploma