The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and supporting the proposal development lifecycle for all assigned proposals. The proposals are for Federal Government information technology pursuits, may vary in size from small to large, and may require a variety of solutions. The Proposal Manager is responsible for administering proposal processes, ensuring configuration management, ensuring compliance, providing guidance and assistance to authors, administering proposal related resources, preparing proposal related reports, etc. Tasks managed include Requests for Proposal (RFP) Analysis, Kick-Off Meetings, Status Calls, Proposal Development, Proposal Writing, Color Reviews, Proposal Production, etc. The Proposal Manager may also be called upon to assist in the preparation of responses to Requests for Information and other marketing assignments.
The Proposal Manager plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals. They will leverage their thorough understanding of and excellence in the activities of the entire proposal process from pre-RFP through customer award debriefs. This position reports to the Director of Proposal Operations and Marketing.
Manage the full life cycle of RFP analysis, response development, and submission.
- Manage and/or write the technical proposal sections, RFI responses, white papers, resumes, past performance citations, or other proposal narratives in response to solicitations.
- Interpret RFP requirements for compliance mapping.
- Develop proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignments, production checklists, and bid and proposal budgets.
- Develop and maintain the proposal schedule, and report on progress.
- Research and organize solutions and content.
- Collaborate with the Director of Proposal Operations, Proposal Coordinators, Capture Managers, Business Development Managers, Authors, Subject Matter Experts, Artists, Program Managers, Support Leads, etc.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts for responses to RFPs.
- Research and help collect/develop re-usable material for individual authors.
- Fully edit and format documents.
- Coordinate, prepare for, and participate in proposal meetings and reviews.
- Ensure submissions are accurate, complete, and compliant with RFP requirements and editorial specifications, as well as corporate quality and branding standards.
- Participate in upkeep of Proposal Operations reference databases. Review to ensure complete and correct. Databases include Proposal Content, Graphics, Past Performance, Re-usable Assets, etc.
- Manage proposal document production (printing, binding, CD Rom creation, shipping, etc.)
- Write lessons learned reports – collect and compile input.
- Assist Director of Proposal Operations and Marketing with other duties as assigned, for example, metrics tracking, compliance reviews, quality reviews, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development of large, complex government proposals.
- Knowledge of RFP life cycle management and federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS).
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Very strong verbal and written skills – clear, concise, and complete.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate company proposal objectives and key characteristics to management and teammates, in writing and oral presentations.
- Proven ability to work with/interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches.
- Excellent people skills - able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates.
- Advanced ability to manage the RFP/RFI process and the contributing team members (not direct reports).
- Skilled in analyzing RFPs and preparing outlines, schedules, and proposal templates.
- Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities – able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with solid administrative experience.
- Ability to understand and verify compliance.
- Skilled in proposal management, coordination, and production.
- Skilled in desktop publishing and formatting.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and otherdatabase applications.
- Ethics and integrity
- Problem solver
- Customer service oriented - communicative and responsive
- Positive, pro-active attitude and approach to business and process improvement
- Able to work independently and as part of diverse teams
- Disciplined and efficient, able to work rapidly without comprising quality
- Forward thinking and attentive to follow-up
- Highest level of quality in all tasks and work products
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Able to work long hours and weekends if required
- Security Clearance is a plus
- 5 years in proposal management/development for federal solicitations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, English. Technical, or related academic field highly desired