NCQA is searching for a talented Proposal Manager! This position reports to the Project Administration Unit in the Office of the Executive Vice President which supports the business operations of the Quality Measures and Research Group (QMRG). This position is responsible for directing the preparation and submission of proposals in response to procurement and grant announcements. This extremely important position works closely with the staff across the organization as well as with a variety of government agencies and funding organizations, prime contractors and subcontractors.
Responsible for managing the preparation and submission of proposals in response to procurement and grant announcements and requests including:
- Proposal process and timeline management, including proposal development activities with internal and external team members, and internal reviews/approvals.
- Execution of teaming agreements and letters of support.
- Support proposal leads in the development of technical proposals, staffing plans and budgets.
- Supporting resolution of legal issues identified by the Office of General Counsel.
- Past performance, other support, resume/bio and other proposal documentation development.
- Quality assurance processes, including reviewing against client review criteria and other solicitation requirements and ensuring that activities stated in the technical proposal are supported by the financial proposal.
- Final proposal production, assembly and delivery.
- Staff training on the NCQA procurement process.
- Leverage knowledge of funder and prime requirements to ensure high quality proposal submissions by NCQA.
Maintain a complete and up-to-date library of proposal resources including, but not limited to:
- Table of current and past contracts and grants.
- Project summaries.
- Resumes, CVs and biosketches.
- Corporate qualifications.
- Conflict of interest disclosure language.
- Ensure that material developed is compelling and ready for incorporation into future proposals.
- Manage NCQA’s online-storage of proposals and contract/grant documents.
Responsible for reporting out contracts and grants pipeline information to support recurring reports (e.g., monthly operational reports, quarterly board reports) and ad hoc request from leadership.
- Requires the maintenance of information in the Contract & Grants funnel, which is housed in Salesforce.
- Coordination is required with proposal leads to maintain information such as probability of award and anticipated award date.
Required Skillset and Education:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary requirements of this position.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in government contracting and compliance including familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact diplomatically with staff at all levels.
- Must work collaboratively with others.
- Must maintain strong relationships with external partners, clients and other key departments around the organization.
- Proven ability to direct, manage and facilitate processes, organize priorities, meet deadlines, and manage peak periods of activity while maintaining related documentation/records.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.