The Proposal Manager is responsible for interpreting solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and coordinates proposal response strategy for small to mid-size ($20M) competitive or direct award opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Interprets solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and coordinates proposal response strategy for small to mid-size competitive or direct award opportunities.
- Assesses the solicitation and other proposal elements to determine the appropriate proposal schedule to meet requirements.
- Develop themes, discriminators, and write to incorporate the Capture Strategy.
- Conducts milestone readiness reviews to assess proposal readiness for color team reviews, if appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages content inputs; develops and executes the color team reviews if appropriate.
- Coordinates strategy and schedule with assigned sector for proposal resources.
- Performs compliance/quality reviews of documents.
- Coordinates final review with Contracts for assigned sector and sign-off at the appropriate level.
- Facilitate the use of various proposal tools, work products, and techniques to create winning proposals that fully execute the win strategy.
- Participate in color team reviews.
- Responsible for proposal quality, final proposal review, and timely submission of proposal.
- Revise the various phases of the proposal process (development, management and publications) based on industry and company best practices.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Leads and guides the works of others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of related experience with various government contract and their technical requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits attention to detail exhibiting high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of various proposal tools, products and techniques.
- Ability to mentor peers in proposal management, development and publication best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of current organizational practices and programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in utilized software programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to successful completion.