United States of AmericaLocation:
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
The Senior Proposal Manager, Americas is responsible for the overall management and success of the Collins Information Management Services proposal solutions. The successful candidate works with pursuit teams to produce persuasive, winning proposals. The proposal manager uses established processes, tools, and methods to manage complex Airports proposals. The Proposal Manager also partners with appropriate BU leaders, sales, and shared services to ensure successful proposal development.Primary Responsibilities:
- Works directly with pursuit teams to ensure:
- all proposals address customer requirements consistent with the business capture plan
- customer-centric solutions (based on Most Important Requirements), correlating win strategies and value propositions are clearly articulated in major proposal responses
- coaches pursuit members on how to improve the content and is empowered to drive our sales managers and pursuit teams worldwide
- high-quality proposal artifacts
- Serves as an escalation point for issues impacting successful and timely proposal development
- Leads proposal process improvement and develops programs to improve quality and on-time delivery for all proposal types
- Serves as a proposal process advocate, providing training to pursuit team members
- Assists with the successful facilitation and execution of Pursuit Workshop sessions
- Participates in Gate Reviews as required
- Identifies and executes pursuit process advancements, looking for ways to continually improve related technology, templates, procedures, and tools.
- Participates, documents and capitalizes on customer debriefs, proposal surveys, and lessons-learned outbriefs to improve future pursuits
- Thorough understanding of Pursuit & Order Capture processes
- Progressive hands-on and/or management experience with proposal development, technical writing, editing, and publishing
- Proven experience in reading and analyzing requests for proposals, creating tailored proposal outlines and schedules, managing team activities, content and pricing development, and re-writing material under tight deadlines
- Able to direct and orchestrate large, multi-functional proposal team efforts
- Strong strategic management, planning, and oral and written communication skills
- Able to motivate and energize a team of cross-functional pursuit team members to develop winning solutions
- Able to define, articulate and execute strategic and tactical vision for the team
- Results-driven and experienced with working in a collaborative, global team environment
- Experience formally facilitating workshops, such as strategy development, pricing approvals, non-advocate reviews, most important requirement development, key decision-maker assessments, competitor assessments
- Formally trained in proposal processes (i.e., Shipley); APMP or certification
- Experience with and knowledge of IMS products and services
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms