The Proposal Center supports36 companies ranging in services that include aircraft maintenance to data and communications, systems engineering, information assurance, IT products, software development, and space operations through construction and facility management to aviation, fabrication and logistics. The Akima Proposal Center is a dynamic, growing department where you will be engaged in developing best practices. The Proposal Manager will have the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to Federal industry requests for proposals (RFPs). The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall management, oversight and tracking of all activities relevant to the development, production and revision of assigned proposals. Analyses the Request for Proposal (RFP) for proposal production guidelines and potential reuse recommendations, development of data collection forms and proposal templates. Develops and maintains the proposal development schedule, outline, and compliance matrix.
- Leads critical milestones in the proposal process including storyboards, color reviews, and content development discussions.
- Manages technical volumes & sections, including technical & management approaches, personnel & staffing approaches, past performance & corporate experience
- Coordinates all production aspects (word processing, graphics, editing, proofreading, reproduction, printing, collation, and binding) services in support of proposal activities. Maintains a status record and master file for all text and graphics; provides guidance and status reports on proposal and production matters to senior and profit center management staff; enforces the editorial guidelines specified for the proposal; manages the virtual proposal development environment.
- Reviews or facilitates review of final proposal.
- Reviews all deliverable documents.
- Directs, manages and allocates proposal staff and proposal resources (technical writers, graphic and layout artists, subject matter experts, subcontractor representatives and independent contractors) assigned to proposals. Directs and engages key personnel in all proposal review activities and ensures compliance with all corporate and legal requirements.
- Acts as the single point of contact between operational, proposal and production staff relative to all proposal development and production matters.
- Responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks for client deadlines.
- Office environment. Some travel (10%) may be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5years in Federal Government proposal management, proposal development, and the direct management of proposal operational organizations
- Experience working in the Shipley proposal process and developing storyboards, mock-ups, proposal outlines, and compliance matrices.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, team-oriented, enthusiastic, independent thinker, and collaborative.
- Outstanding written and oral communication are critical
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor's Degreepreferred