The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading and managing the proposal development lifecycle for all assigned proposals and managing all the task orders as they come out. This includes Requests for Proposal (RFP) analysis, Kick-Off meetings, Daily Status Calls, Proposal Development, Color Reviews, Proposal Production, etc. The Proposal Manager is responsible for administering proposal processes, ensuring configuration management, providing guidance and assistance to authors, administering proposal related resources, preparing proposal related reports, etc. The Proposal Manager plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals and may also be called upon to assist in the preparation of responses to Requests for Information.
Other Duties include:
- Manage the entire proposal development life cycle
- Manage proposal content in the SharePoint content management system.
- Participate in Proposal Operations Team management of multiple databases.
- Review to ensure complete and correct.
- Databases include Proposal Content, Graphics, Past Performance, Re-usable Assets, and Resumes
- Collaborate with Proposal Operations Manager, Proposal Specialists/Coordinators, Capture Managers, Authors, Artists, Program Managers, Support Leads, etc.
- Create proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, and production checklists
- Develop the proposal schedule and maintain visibility on progress
- Coordinate and prepare proposal meetings and reviews
- Research and help collect/develop re-usable material for individual authors
- Edit and format documents
- Manage proposal document production (printing, binding, CD Rom creation, shipping, etc.)
- Write lessons learned report - collect and compile input
- Assist Proposal Operations Manager with other duties as assigned, for example, metrics tracking, compliance reviews, quality reviews, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experienceworking in a proposal center
- 3+ years' experience managing proposal efforts
- Solid understanding of the government proposal process
- Ability to work in collaboration with PMs and Capture Mgrs