Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Overview: Abacus Technology is seeking a management professional to leverage corporate/team capabilities in responding to proposal and task order requirements issued under DoD and Civilian Agency vehicles. This individual will direct proposal efforts for qualified opportunities in a fast-paced, quick reaction operating environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate productive working relationships with and among cost center managers and field office personnel, teaming partners, and customer contracting representatives.
- Coordinate with corporate marketing and capture management staff to ensure development of winning task order proposal strategies.
- Analyze/interpret task order RFPs/RFQs as released; identify any specialty resource requirements/constraints; and consolidate list of customer hot buttons, innovative support services, team features and benefits vs. competition discriminators, and proposal risks to make informed bid/no bid decisions.
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions among internal support specialists, subcontractors, and subject matter experts/consultants as needed to generate technical and management solutions.
- Prioritize, oversee, and track development of multiple, concurrent task order proposals to include monitoring subcontractor support activities/inputs and coordinating cost/pricing efforts among teammates.
- Provide hands-on proposal services as needed to include scheduling, outlining, storyboarding, and section writing; designing, revising, and incorporating meaningful graphics; conducting reviews/recovery; editing and re-writing as needed for readability, compliance, and effective incorporation of win themes and selling points.
- Convene debriefs and periodic lessons learned discussions to gather and share information on the team’s perceived strengths and weaknesses and to target needed process improvements/template enhancements for implementation.
- Respond to ad hoc sources sought notices/RFIs and contribute to marketing briefings and other promotional materials as the need arises.
Qualifications: 8years of experience writing proposals and managing the proposal development life cycle. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical/analytical or business related field. Formal proposal or project management training and/or certification a plus. Experience leading responses to task order RFPs/RFQs issued under large Federal IDIQ/GWACs a plus. Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and/or Defense FAR (DFAR) along with major Federal government procurement strategies (e.g., best value, performance-based, LPTA). Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure operating requirements and support services solutions. Advanced organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills; ability to effectively multitask with minimal direct supervision. Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools including Office, Project, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Government Printing Office (GPO), Chicago, and/or other major style manuals a plus. Strong visual presentational skills (design and layout) a plus.