Press Ganey currently has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Writer on the Strategic Consulting Services, Operations Team. This individual will be a member of the Proposal Development Team (PDT) and will support the Consulting division.
The Proposal Writer will prepare, research and write standard and customized persuasive proposal verbiage (content) for a range of Press Ganey’s Consulting Solutions. This individual works in collaboration withother PDT members, senior consulting division leaders, and the Press Ganey sales team in the preparation of proposals and related tasks that support consulting sales and operations.
Members of the Proposal Development Team work collaborativelywith individuals in all areas of the company, and therefore maintain a working knowledge of company products and services, and possess an understanding of internal organizational structure, processes, and functionality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare customized proposals for Press Ganey’s Consulting Services solutions (professional services). Includes drafting executive summaries and editing standard templates for services based on input provided by the consulting leader/sales team. Includes researching, editing, and proofing final proposals.
- Work closelywith Consulting SMEs in order to develop persuasive content that accurately represents the proposed professional services, deliverables and Press Ganey differentiators for a particular client requirement.
- Responsible for working with Press Ganey’s company-wide RFP proposal team on the coordination, organization of Consulting division’s content, and submittal of proposals in response to formal client solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RFIs).
- Identify non-standard questions and complex requirements on an RFP. Identify and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop custom responses.
- Understand and apply knowledge based on competitors, corporate mission, product strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Tailor writing styles as needed for customized proposal content, incorporating proposal strategies and themes in order to make the proposal speak directly to a prospective client’s unique situation.
- Maintain working knowledge of company products and services, as well as Consulting Services’ philosophy and approach. Coordinate with SMEs to develop proposal content and establish processes to ensure this content is updated accordingly.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet of proposals and contractual documents and communicates status report.
- Prepare and keep up to date summary biographical profiles for Consultants.
- Understand and use pricing tools and templates to create draft budgets to support proposals.
- 5+ years of related experiencerequired, which may include inside-sales and/or consulting. Experiencewith proposal writing for professional services group preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Work independently on proposals and related tasks.
- Very detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to manage workload including communicating effectively when additional team resources are needed to meet demands
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or other related field is required.
- All positions at Press Ganey require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The specific checks are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Press Ganey, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Press Ganey's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required for the position.