Position: Proposal Developer
The Proposal Developer will lead proposal writing and development in collaboration with multiple GTL teams to ensure delivery of compelling, compliant proposals in a cost-effective manner. This role will be directly responsible to lead the response process including writing for proposals, managing, and performing the review process to verify compliance with RFP schedule, client requirements, and ensure efficient use of proposal resources. Proposals range from smaller inquiries to longer, formal proposals. Multiple proposals may be in progress simultaneously. This position will require working evenings and some weekends to meet proposal deadlines.
This position will report to the Plano, TX office when needed, otherwise can be done remote around the Plano, TX area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the review, strategic analysis, and interpretation of RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs, and convey the audience, situation, and objectives of each solicitation to the response team.
- Work closely with sales leads/business development to develop win themes, strategies, and design approaches according to an established process.
- Lead writing participation in proposal strategy-sessions with other GTL divisions to create annotated outlines, content, and capture plans in response to RFPs.
- Manage the project from assignment through print production. Including scheduling milestones, tracking technical and cost proposal progress, ensuring that deliverables are communicated and being met by every member of the proposal team. Coordinate and facilitate the scheduling and execution of kick-off meetings, collaboration meetings, pricing meetings, internal peer reviews, external peer reviews, cost reviews, approval meetings, and other proposal activities.
- Lead collection of all required forms and materials and ensure they are tracked in the submission checklist, and everything required is included in the final response.
- Conceptualize, write, review standard content, and revise compelling proposal sections in response to RFPs, while ensuring seamless integration with the overarching proposal narrative.
- Utilize protocols to interview SMEs to understand GTL processes, technologies, and business needs to gather information for composure of high-quality responses.
- Identify, analyze, and integrate graphics or written content from existing documentation or GTL content repositories, and when necessary, create new graphics or revise and repurpose them for new proposal efforts.
- Facilitate group reviews, collecting and organizing feedback on drafts and graphics, and systematically tracking and implementing the feedback.
- Utilize protocols for content management tasks, including archival of documents, response content, and graphics for the purposes of reuse.
- Stay up to date on new developments in proposal writing and management.
- BS/BA degree in English, Professional Writing, Journalism, Technical Communication, and/or relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant proposal writing experience
- Project management experience in proposal delivery is required
- Proficient in communicating and collaborating with personnel at all levels of an organization while maintaining a professional, friendly demeanor
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in written documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Sharepoint and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Exhibits strong organizing skills, for the purposes of storage, tracking and reuse of content
- Ability to work independently and accurately record/report task status in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed when facing proposal deadlines
- Experience with web-based collaboration and content management systems (such as Qvidian) is highly preferred
- Depth of knowledge in Federal, State and local government proposal writing and process to support RFPs is highly preferred
- Familiarity with APMP, Shipley, or other relevant professional association is preferred
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.