Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Responsible for the overall operation and financial success of assigned properties in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards to ensure that service delivery meet Company performance and quality standards. This position is based out of our Ontario, CA office.
- Commit to The Prologis Way – a guide to effective customer service. Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to tenant’s needs and requests.
- Participate in the Global Services Program, including identification of Global Customers and appropriate communications with the corresponding Global Services Officer.
- Coordinate customer relation functions and holiday activities/gift distribution.
- Responsible for the property revenues and expenses and use soundfinancial measures to ensure that thebudget andfinancialgoals are met.
- Ensure customers are current in receivables and leaseresponsibilities;
- Perform and/or monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings;
- Contact vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance requests are received;
- Assist in the creation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with the accounting department; must be knowledgeable of lease provisions.
- Coordinate real estate tax review process for properties; communicate tax issues to senior management.
- Coordinate insurance requirements for properties and associated vendor/supplies.
- Coordinate AP/AR invoicing process for portfolio.
- Support Market Officer in achieving occupancy goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high renewal ratios by ensuring vacancies/marketable spaces are up to Prologis standards.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolves the issues.
- Ensure compliance with property management policies and procedures, codes, regulations and governmental agency directives. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and Company policies and/or practices.
- Coordinate environmental programs for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the annual Prologis Customer Satisfaction Survey for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the lease administration process by ensuring timely updates of any lease changes for assigned properties.
- Coordinate customer move-ins and move-outs process for assigned properties in a timely and coordinated manner including the preparation of commencement letters, orientating new tenants to property management office staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Follow established Company and legal requirements related to the default proceedings and eviction process.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the properties meet established standards regarding the grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements (OSHA), cleanliness, and general appearance, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Solicit bids from contractors for work performed and award contracts after securing required approvals. Oversee contractors, vendors, and other service providers including proper documentation and monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- In conjunction with other departments, plan,schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and capital improvement projects.
- Act as a liaison between customer and construction management and participate in punch list walk-through and follow-up; coordinate finish selections.
- Partner with other departments to resolve property management issues.
- Provide direction and leadership to a team of 1-3 employees (maintenance technicians, administrative personnel). Develop and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure employees are provided necessary training and direction to achieve designated objectives.
- Assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or 10+ years of experience as a property manager; or a CPM or RPA designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years property management required.
- Must have work experienceindustrial/commercial real estate, including supervisory background and very high customer service skills.
- Must have a current Real Estate sales license or be able to obtain a license within six months of employment.
- Must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide superior internal and external customer service; strong diplomacy and crisis diffusion skills.
- Must be able to multi-task; prioritize and work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of property management accounting software.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- YARDI software experiencepreferred
- Active in one or more professional organization, (BOMA, IREM, etc.)